Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Long-Distance Relationship... I need advice.?

I'm sixteen years old %26amp; I'm dating a guy that lives in North Carolina (I live in Pennsylvania). I like him a lot %26amp; he's made it very clear that he feels that same way. But it's really hard that the only way we can talk in on the phone. I can never really know what he's doing down there and i trust him and all but i'll never really know. he's coming up for my birthday in a month, but it's hard that i can only see him once in a long time. and when he leaves im going to miss him even more then i already do right now and he feels the same way...


is it worth it for both of us to be hurting like this?Long-Distance Relationship... I need advice.?
Do you consider phone calls dating? He sounds like good friendship material. Im sure you're able to at least find a guy in the same state.





Long distance relationships don't work unless one of you is willing to move or travel often.Long-Distance Relationship... I need advice.?
I had friends who were together but lived so far away from each other. One was in Canada and the other in Asia. They were together for over 6 years and finally got married after college. It all just really depends on what kind of people you are.
it's worth it if you know he's being truthful. talk to him about it. i bet he'll understand that long-distance stuff is hard. but if it's meant to be; it'll happen. but i'd advise you to just let it go if it's hard. chances are, your wasting time on someone who doesn't care much.
id break it off before you get fed up with it. i would. i cant go not seeing the person you know. and do it before he makes the trip for your birthday, unless you want to see what he gets you for your birthday, then drop him like a bad habit.
That's tough to answer because only you know the pain of not being close to someone important in your life. How long will it be before you CAN be close? Will you go to the same college? How many times a year can you see each other? Three? Four? There are things that go on in a young person's life that normally go with dating, crushes, proms, birthday parties etc. etc. and it would be a shame if you miss a significant portion of those things because he's so far away. Social development is very important for young folks. Were you my daughter, I must say it would hurt me to realize the pain you feel and I'd ask you to think about some of these questions. Must you be exclusive to each other? Difficult questions aren't they?
Long distance relationship is very hard. but if you trust him everything will be fine. I know a lot of ppl who are in long distant relationships and they are doing just fine. The best way is not to think negative.
Let me tell you. Long distance relationships DO work but they are hard. I live in Ontario and my boyfriend of 6 years lives in Georgia. I fly down and visit whenever I can, but coming back home is the most painful thing I have to do. I am planning on moving in about 2 years and we are engaged to be engaged. I met him when I was 14 and started dating him when I was 17. I am 23 now.
ok well in my little spot on the earth i have tried the long-distance thing and it dont work, he might be down there do things with other girls and he might not. but most of time he would be...........plus u are 16 goin on 17 why are u worried about being in love i know it happens and all but u should have ur heaqd in the books more then talking to a guy in another state. If it was me i would have said look i love u an all but this long-distance is killing me and i know its doing the same to u so im going to have to end it............. Plus u know if it is ment to be it will be and no one in the world can change that for u.
sorry to break it to you, sweetie, but i would cut it. he is probably checking out other girls, so i say dump him before he ditches you. if you chose not to, i'd say plan a trip together and maybe you guys can just hang out. the best thing would be for you to be just ';friends';
16years old and dating a guy in NC


Please, give it up. Find a guy your age and in your area. I know PA isn't the greatest place to find someone, but you can.
You're young. Move on! I wasted several years of my college life in a long distance relationship and I was miserable. The phone bill was 1000 bucks a month. Not worth it.
I've been there. And believe me if he wants to cheat on you; he'll do it wherever he is. Trust is the only thing that you'll have going in a long distance relationship. You decide if this is what you want in your life. Ask yourself is it worth it. I mean a long distance relationship is very hard to deal with. Temptations is all over the place for both of you. For me it was worth it. And we made every moment count when he would come to town. We had the best times together.
Long distance relationships do work out--sometimes. (My wife and I had a Chicago-Mexico relationship for 2 years before we got married, and we've been married for 21 years.) However, it takes a lot of work--emails, phone calls, letters, visits.





Given your age, I doubt it'll work. (I was 28 when I met my wife.) The visits will not be frequent enough, and there is a very high probability that one or both of you will meet someone else before you can think about marriage. You're bound to develop different interests as you will have many different experiences.





What's wrong with just being friends?
How old he was ? You are too young for long distance relationship the reason you never meet him face to face . Its called affection BC you guess talk all the time over there phone so i suggest you think before you go crazy about him .
Love from a distance like my aunt used to say it's for butt holes. Becareful..do not trust him 100%, it's easier for someone to cheat on you when they don't even live in the same zip code. Best of luck. BTW take your time you are only 16!! Date more and have fun.
i you think you really love him and that there somthin special in that relationship then you should probbly stay together.
not to be ugly or mean you never met him and you prob never will long distance things like that never work out your young go out out and enjoy yourself dont waste your time on wondering what if ,and what if he aint what you thought he was then u just wasted lots of time

No comments:

Post a Comment