Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'm in a long distance relationship. I need advice whether this is going steady or downhill?

I met an amazing guy. He has all the qualities I like in a man and then some. He's independant, funny, caring, and patient. We live in different states and intend to meet up in August, but I'm afraid. I trust him., but for the past two months, I feel like he hasn't been making the efforts to find time to talk with me. Is it nomral that i feel I need to to talk with him at least a minute every other day? Or am i demanding too much? We exchange texts every once in a while, and I know he's busy as am I... but it's like the last time we talked was two days ago for a minute. Just exchanging I love you to each other, and good night. That's been the same conversation for the past two months. Am I being needy for wanting a little more every once in a while??I haven't said anything about it yet, but on his myspace, I see him telling a girl that he was going to be out of town for a couple days and not too miss him too much. I have fears that I'm just being led on.I'm in a long distance relationship. I need advice whether this is going steady or downhill?
I am sorry... but if any guy wants to make the effort to get to know you and maintain a relationship he will go the distance. He knows where you are, he has your number he could call you anytime he wants, but it sounds as though he is not. Well, maybe he would say it costs too much on long distance bills, OK, well doesn't everyone in the world have email? He could find other ways to keep getting to know you, and to keep you feeling secure in this relationship.





I am not saying that you cannot make these same efforts, you can. But we do live in a man's world, and most men are aggressive toward going after what they want. And us women, should not have to chase a guy down just to have a conversation on the phone.





I think you need to do some soul searching, and detach yourself from him a little bit. This does not mean walk away, but you are preparing yourself for things not working out. This will help it not hurt as much.





My best advice to you is to keep your eyes OPEN, and listen to that intuition that is on the inside. They say, ';If you have any hesitation about things, this is your answer.'; People hesitate for a reason, which proves that intuition WORKS!





Good Luck! Thanks for reading!I'm in a long distance relationship. I need advice whether this is going steady or downhill?
i would let him now how i feel. it's been two months and all u got was a minute every other day? that's crazy! And as far as the myspace, i would question that b/c there are somethings u dont do when ur in a relationship regardless of the distance..relationships are hard work, being away from each other makes it even harder. we want to trust our men but GOD gave us intuition for a reason.....
You have to be aware that distance do make ppl get paranoid, especially for girls like you and me who tend to be quite needy and overthinking. The first few months of dating wether distance or not are always the best as you're constantly talking to each other, seeing each other, on the phone, saying goodnight/good morning and all that but thing is that we do have things to do in life that we been quite slacking on since the beginning of the relationship. So logically you start to refocus on them and try to get the right balance. I'd say that it isn't very nice to not contact you in 2 days but if he really moved on something else he really didn't even have to text you back and such. About the myspace girl he might be joking like you may be talking to a guy mate and said yeah don't miss me too much when am gone etc.


I'll say to give him some more time as he sort things out, men aren't like us who can totally manage different thiings at the same time lol he might be having some probs with family or work but don't feel like bugging you with it. So for now give it a bit of time and then you can confront him about it, tell him your fears and hopefully he'll be honest. If he skips the convo then maybe when you guys will get confronted to bigger problems in the future, he's just the kind to vanish on bad times...
Sorry to put it right on ur face, but he's playing you. He probably has a bird or two up his sleeve. Two months is a long time to not be able to find time for each other, especially in the long-distance world.


I was in a long-distance relationship, and if the guy wants you, it's very apparent, and the couple does everything in their means to keep in touch.


Please remove the cloud in front of ur eyes, and don't let false emotions rule you.


Good luck!
i had a long distance relationship with my now husband for almost a year and a half. it is difficult to work on a relationship long distance and the only thing you have on a very regular basis is communication. Without that, a relationship can go down the hill pretty quickly. My husband has always told me that if a guy cares, he will find a few minutes to talk every day (or two).





his my space comment seems inappropriate and you might want to ask him what is going on. Generally your gut feeling is right - if he avoids the question or is being vague, he is probably leading you on.
  • coupons
  • moon drops
  • 1 comment:

    1. I read one lovely story to how to maintain long distance dating relationship here http://www.nz.adultxdating.com/blogs/keep-up-long-distance-dating-relationship/

      ReplyDelete