Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Help! Advice for my long-distance relationship, please...?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 3 months. We're fairly serious... since we were close for so long before dating, we've said ';I love you'; for the past few months. Anyway, I'm going to college this fall, and he's a sr in high school. We've decided to try long-distance, but we're already having issues. The past three weeks we haven't talked more than 15 minutes a day on the phone. He's either been sick, busy, or falls asleep. I couldn't be mad when he was sick, but I think I'm justified with the others. I feel like we're drifting apart. I've tried being nice and ignoring it, or confronting him about it -specifically telling him that it bothers me how little we talk anymore. I think things are only going to get worse when I go to college this fall, and that maybe he's not as committed to this as I am. What should I do? I truly love this boy and do not want to lose him, but things are not looking good. Should I give him an ulitimatum of some kind, or is that always a bad idea?Help! Advice for my long-distance relationship, please...?
I am a girl from Romania who lives in Italy. I think you should forget him and find someone near you. The boys are all the same. In Romania, Theo say that the eyes you don't see are easy to forget. Maybe he has the same problem.Well. . .I think you need someone who should hold you in his arms when you are sick, not someone who doesn't even answer the phone when he is sick. All the best from ItalyHelp! Advice for my long-distance relationship, please...?
No ultimatum with boys. Bad idea. Communication, straight up is the key. Let him tell you how he feels too. Don't fight or get worked up or upset about it in front of him, but do let him know that you want things to work, even when you go away. Make sure he knows that you're willing to work things out, but a relationship takes two people and if he's not willing to make the last summer you guys have together before school starts great, then tell him you don't see how it can work. Not an ultimatum, but a fair discussion.
I know how you feel my bf lives outside of London and i live in the US. To be honest communicate is key you really just need to talk to him find out what he is thinking and feeling before you leave, and tell him how you are feeling. Don't give him an ultimatum that's just going to make you both upset. It may just be he is just scared about losing you. But really there is no need to worry about it until you talk to him.
ok well i dont want to pretend i am anywhere near your age! but my experience is actions speak louder than words! he mighht be trying to break up with u or he might be trying to give you your freedom while off at college.....but reality is he is being a dork....which is totally age appropriate.....the question you have to ask yourself is: is this ok with you? if not....state it (which i think you basically have) and if his behaviour doesnt change then you get your answer...and its time to move forward and look forward to college and the whole experience of it all! dont overthink it....andd i woudlnt do the ultimatum thing...jsut say these are my expecptions...if its not working for you..then let me go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment